MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, TRADE AND INTEGRATION
Ricardo Patiño, Econ.
Ricardo Armando Patiño Aroca, Ecuadorian, was born in Guayaquil in 1955. He obtained his degree in economics in May 1979, at the Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana (Autonomous Metropolitan University) - Iztapalapa (Mexico City, Mexico) with the diploma to the "Best student of Economics at the Universidad Autonoma Metropolitana." Later in November 2001 he made his post-graduate studies at the Universidad Internacional de Andalucía (International University of Andalucía), Home of La Rabida (Spain) and obtained the degree of Master of Economic Development.
He also has a proven trajectory in academic and labor field. He served as professor at the University of Guayaquil (School of Economics and Communication Sciences), Escuela Superior Politécnica- Polytechnic School (School of Tourism) and the Universidad Autónoma-Iztalalapa (Mexico).
He has held positions as:
* Minister for Policy Coordination (2007 - 2010)
* Minister of the Litoral (2007)
* Assistant General Secretary of Economics at the Ministry of Economy and Finance of the Republic of Ecuador (July-August 2005);
* Advisor to the Minister of Economy and Finance of the Republic of Ecuador (June to July 2005);
* Coordinator of the Professional Team appointed by Jubilee 2000 - Red Guayaquil, for developing the National Strategy for Debt Relief (August to December 2003);
* Founding Member and Manager of the Savings and Credit Cooperative "De todas" (February 2003 - May 2005);
* Coordinator of the Technical Advisory Committee of the Inter-Ministerial Committee on Employment of Ecuador (March 2001 - December 2002);
* Founding Member and Coordinator of the Jubilee 2000 movement-Red Guayaquil Driving Group member (May 1999 – up to date);
* General Coordinator of the Research Team: Strategies for an employment policy for Ecuador with emphasis on small business and micro enterprise ", ILDIS (February-September 2000);
* Founder of the Group of Social Studies (March 1999-2000);
* Founding Member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Users and Consumers of Guayas (1992 - 1997);
* Parliamentary Counselor (1990-1992);
* Economic Advisor to the Ecuadorian Central Class Organizations (1982-1991);
* ILO External Consultant (September 2000 - February 2001);
* Head of the Department of Economic Planning, National Institute of Agrarian Reform, Region Sur, Nicaragua (1980 - 1981).
He has participated in several publications. Worked as Technical Editor of the book series as part of the National Employment Plan of Ecuador, which covers topics like:
* "National Plan on Employment and Local Development"
* "Microfinance in Ecuador"
* "Public Investment and Intensive Labor Use, Policies and Methods of Measurement"
* Employment and Gender "
* "Experience Sharing Conference Project on Employment and Local Development"
* "National Census of Credit Unions, controlled by the National Directorate of Cooperatives."
He has published, among other books:
* “Desempleo y Subempleo en Guayaquil en la Década de los 90: Teoría, Conceptos, Indicadores y Tendencia” (Unemployment and Underemployment in Guayaquil in the Decade of the 90´s: Theory, Concepts, Indicators and Trends)
* “Jubileo 2000, La vida antes que la Deuda” (Jubilee 2000, Life Before Debt).
* He wrote the introduction to the book " Deuda Externa y Bonos Brady” (External Debt and Brady Bonds)
* Participated as a co-author of " Empleo y Economía del Trabajo en el Ecuador” (Employment and Labour Economics in Ecuador)"